Thank you for your interest in helping Grand Traverse Lighthouse Museum bring Lake Michigan maritime history to the public!
There are always unforeseen expenses when trying to maintain an historical facility. Things such as rusting door hinges or a basement sump pump malfunction can start small but quickly snowball into issues creating major financial impact. Donations are always welcome to help with those types of issues.
There are also areas where needs have been identified in advance. Some of these include:
- $200 (sponsorships per event) Lecture series
- $500 for a plexiglass cover for the LEGO freighter
- $1,000 for Remote Operated Vehicle (educational events)
- $3,000 for Storage Shed
- $100,000 to build addition on gift shop for the historic U.S. Coast Guard launch and collections/archival storage.
Like any household, the facility in general (volunteer keeper program, museum and gift shop) uses a fair amount of consumable products. The expenses of these items do add up and impact the annual budget. Donations of the following items are greatly appreciated:
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Glass and Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Jugs of Distilled Water
- Trash bags, both kitchen and lawn size
- Laundry Detergent
- Printer Paper
- Shipping Tape
- Staples gift cards (for various printer ink and specific office supplies)
All donations are tax deductible to the extent of the law. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.